Autism is the fastest growing developmental disability; yet, the visibility for our community service providers to be informed and educated about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is still limited which is vital in closing the gap on ASD resource disparities.
Persons and families impacted by Autism cannot easily locate and access the products, services, facilities and venues they need to live life with dignity as the community at large does not know how to meet these needs. Improving the visibility of awareness and uncovering mediums for those impacted by Autism to have resources in their communities will be the greatest challenge with the ever-increasing prevalence of Autism Spectrum Disorder in our society.
Like all persons living in a community, those with Autism have basic needs that must be met such as access to proper healthcare, educational support, personal grooming, recreational outlets, spiritual development and much more. Therefore, with the right information, community service providers can assist in meeting these needs of those with Autism. Establishing a clear marker for both service providers and the public can identify with, opens an avenue for those with Autism to seek out only service providers who can meet their needs daily.
Jaden’s FriendsTM is that medium where service providers can be certified as an Autism thought leader cognizant of Autism sensitivities and consequently, be visible to the Autism community to meet their daily needs successfully.
Jaden’s Voice is recognized globally as an Autism advocacy organization and being a Jaden’s Friends TM will help identify service providers as Autism friendly in their local Autism communities but also in the national and global Autism community respectively.
What is the value of becoming a Jaden’s Friend?
- Recognition for voluntarily meeting of Autism awareness beyond public standard.
- Enhancement of professional reputation and credibility in the Autism community
- Increased opportunity for growth of your service and provide of a large demographic.
- Listing on the online public registry of autism friendly service provider and retailer.
What Does it Mean to Be Autism Friendly?
- Being Autism Friendly means your business has been trained to work with people on the autism spectrum.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IF YOU BECOME JADEN’S FRIEND?
- Autism Friendly Certification
- Your Organization will be listed in our Jaden’s Friend marketing material and will be added to our geo-coded searchable map of approved organizations.
- Marketing and Advertisement opportunities to our community who use your services.
WHO CAN BECOME JADEN’S FRIEND?
The list is limited but here are a few examples:
- Emergency Responders
- Colleges and Universities
- Medical professionals
- Vacation Resorts
- Movie Theaters
- Amusement Parks
- Beauty Salon and Barber Shops
- Retails Stores and the list goes on… With the right Certification ANYONE can be Jaden’s Friend.
HOW CAN I BECOME JADEN’S FRIEND?
- Your organization can apply to be certified by Jaden’s Friends as being “Autism Friendly”. Click here to begin training.
- If you or your organization already specializes in autism and are interested in becoming a Jaden’s Friend Click here.
- Upon completing the application, Jaden’s Friends will then evaluate whether your organization has achieved the standards required to be certified as “Autism Friendly” and if not, it will make recommendations on how to become compliant.
- Once your organization is approved as being “Autism Friendly” Jaden’s Friends will license your organization to use the Jaden’s Friend logo which is an immediate visual indicator that your organization is autism friendly.
HOW DO I REMAIN JADEN’S FRIEND?
- You must register every year with our organization.
- You must agree to remain autism friendly and provide minor accommodations to this community of people.
- You must be certified in autism and or have served this community with certain levels of training for two or more years.
WHAT IF I AM AN INDIVDUAL DIAGNOSED WITH AUTISM OR FAMILY MEMBER?
- There is no cost to access the data base
- You have opportunities to find services and products to support you or your family members needs
- You will learn what organizations and or businesses support the autism community
- You will receive a QRTRLY Newsletter that shares any promotions or new Jaden’s Friends who have been added to the data base
- Gain access to additional autism resources